The organising committee of the Royal Isle of Wight County Show has today announced the postponement of this year’s show due to the increased threat of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Following the Government’s guidance, it is likely that COVID-19 will still be very active within our community in June so it was felt it is the most responsible action to reschedule the Show to protect our visitors, volunteers, exhibitors and traders from the spread of the virus. We will continue to act on government advice and will be monitoring the situation closely.

The show will now be held on Sunday 30th August.

This difficult decision has not been taken lightly but in the hope that the Show will be able to play a role, later in the year, supporting the Island to move forward. We hope an early announcement is helpful to all our sponsors, partners, volunteers and exhibitors. The intention is for all applications and contracts to be carried forward to the new date.

Graham Biss, County Show Chairman said:-

“We are very disappointed to have to postpone.  We hope that our visitors, traders and exhibitors will understand we are in unprecedented circumstances and that public safety is our number one priority.

However this is only a postponement and we hope it will be possible for us all to come together later in the year for an extra special celebration of everything that is good about the Island and its rural sector. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the Show in August”.

David Groves, RIWAS Chairman said:-

We are determined to hold this year’s show when the time is right, building on the success of last year’s show. Don’t forget the 2019 show can still be viewed on BBC: iPlayer, Farmers’ Country Showdown.

For more information please contact:

Royal Isle of Wight Agricultural Society

Tel. 0845 226 9098 or riwas@naturalenterprise.co.uk                                       www.riwas.org.uk